Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Carrying Out Observations In An Sen Class

For those of you working in foundation SEN classes how do you carry out observations? Do you have anything in particular that works? I work with MLD,SLD,PMLD and ASD all in 1 group 8:2 and we really struggle to get anything done let alone observations as I am sure you will apppreciate working with SEN. We have been discussing how we can get a system in place that is manageable and valuable. Do you have any ideas or formats that work for you that you are willing to share

Hi

See you haven't had any replies yet, cant really help as I don't work in the same environment, but do work with SN child. We use an A4 laminated sheet for each child which is put on the wall and anything observed is jotted down or put on a post it, photos are also used quite a bit.

Sorry can't help much

Jo

Hi

See you haven't had any replies yet, cant really help as I don't work in the same environment, but do work with SN child. We use an A4 laminated sheet for each child which is put on the wall and anything observed is jotted down or put on a post it, photos are also used quite a bit.

Sorry can't help much

Jo

57349[/snapback]

Hiya Jo

Thanks very much for your reply. We use photo's all the time and we have a sheet on the wall that we can jot down brief obs but I was hoping someone might have something that worked for them working with the types of children we do. Staffing is always a huge problem for us we just never seem to have a second to ourselves as they are just into everything :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)