Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Organisation In Reception Class

i'm currently teaching reception and would like to know how other teachers organise their day.

thanks louise

Feeling bad because nobody's replied :o. I operate a free flow system in the morning where there is at least one thing out for each of the 6 areas. There is also access to my continuous provision. Whilst the children are 'free flowing' my TA and I pull children out to work with. I also have short, whole class inputs for text level, phonics and numeracy. In the afternoon we all work on something together and the last half hour is dedicated free-time when the children do what they want. There have been recent discussions about this kind of thing here.

I've attached weekly plan for you to see...

thought we have specific CLL and MD sessions... they are always play based and largely planned indendent tasks... with one focused task for the week that I pull children out to do each session... it usually takes all three sessions to get round all the children :o

We have two reception classes which is why when one's doing a MD session the other one's doing a CLL session so that we can share resourses.

Topic times are planned activites based around our topic that the children can access a their own level with free choice after they've accessed the planned activity and ummm... that's a bout it really... think the rest is all self explanatory xD

~ Paul

June_5__w__copy.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)