Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Window Painting

Hi all, hope someone can help, I think I'm about to ask a daft question.

I would like to know how to paint on the windows of our role play area, but I'm unsure if I can use normal children's washable paint, or if I have to buy some special paint, or if someone knows of a way to do this!

I'm sure that doesn't make sense, but I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest

Hi

We painted our window with ordinary children's paint we use at the pre-school. This worked well untill one day someone opened the window and it rained, the paint ran all down the window, kids thought it was great, great way of doing colour mixing!!!!!!!

We use ordinary ready-mix paint but add a good squirt of washing up liquid which helps when you want to wash it off. If we want a particular design, we draw on paper first then tape it to the other side of the glass and use it as an outline.

Another tip I once got was to do the outline with a candle for a wax outline and then paint inside the outline

Also mix the paint with a bit of PVA glue, it stops it flaking of before your ready for it to come of. Makes for a pain when wiping it of (but if you use hot soapy water its not that hard!) and at least it will stay on for as long as you want it on.

Dawn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)