Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Promoting Positive Behaviour Visulal Prompts

Does anyone know where I can get visula prompts such as good looking/listening/turn takin/sitting. I have had some in past but can't find them now I need them

have you thought of taking a photo of a child with good sitting/ close up of eyes for good looking (or one of Brad Pitt :D ) and close up of an ear for good listening? not sure about the turn taking maybe two children with one about to pass an object?

I have these type of photos on laminated card on sticks that I have attached to the back of my whiteboard so that I can point to them without having to say a word

Hi Gill.

We got ours from our local LEA (or whatever they're called!) after a course on promoting positive behaviour. They weren't very good to be honest, just really simple drawings with the words written above but that was an advantage, as the children could see exactly what we wanted them to do, without being distracted by whatever was going on in the back of photographs.

Might be worth asking your local team if they have any that they could send you.

I scanned, cut and pasted the ones from Jenny Mosley's 'Quality Circle Time' and created individual cards that I can show or point to without saying anything. We introduce each circle time session by talking about each card in turn so that the children are really familiar with them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)