Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sickness Policy

Please can anyone tell me where I can find out the correct time-scales for how many hours/days children need to be off of nursery, if they have different illnesses, e.g. vomiting, chicken pox, etc?

I've looked in so many places and there seem to be some discrepency in timescales. Are there national guidelines?

Thanks loads!

I don't know if there are any particular guidelines for early years - we use the Health Protection Agency guidelines.

If you look on their web site, www.hpa.org.uk and locate 'Guidance on Infection Control in Schools and Nurseries' this gives a comprehensive list worth printing off.

Sorry - no idea how to make a link to the web site - any step by step guidance on how to do this would be appreciated - not too computer literate, so instructions need to be written as simple as poss.

you look on their web site, www.hpa.org.uk and locate 'Guidance on Infection Control in Schools and Nurseries' this gives a comprehensive list worth printing off.

Butting in, sorry, but that site is really useful - just wanted to say thanks!

Carly

Thanks for the publications guys. Have had a scroll through and can certainly use bits from them - cheers!

Thanks for this, had OFSTED today - asked for advice for infectious diseases policy, but she did not know where to find it ! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)