Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Difference In Standards Between Sessional And Full

Our preschool is planning to change over from sessional day care to full day care next term I have informed OFSTED and they need me to compile an action plan detailing how we meet the the national standards for full day care. Only the standards which are not included in sessional day care need to to be addressed. I could get both sets of standards, sit down for many hours, and play spot the difference but I was hoping that someone else may have already gone through this process and could point me in the right direction.

Hi caroline

We changed from sessional to full day even though we don't do a full day only til 2.30. I think you will find that there is very little difference between them. the only difference tends to be if you change age groups then you have to allow for litttle ones to have a sleep. If you are doing full days then you have to have a place to eat and cooking or fridge facilities. aslso a quiet area if they want a sleep afterwards. most of the other things are the same ratio's and space etc. registered person and staff are the same. I'm sure if you have a look through the books you will see that it is not much different. Don't feel daunted the books and standards are not that long really, you will have to look at your setting and see how they apply. good luck i'm sure some one else on the forum will also give you some other advice as well

Steph

tks steph and peggy, just the sort of info that i needed. Yes, i already knew about the registration fee rises. We might be doubling our hours but increasing 10 fold our registration fee. Strange really, as we aren't making any extra work for them at all!

yes it is basically forming a plan of how you will meet the extra needs of the children.Where will they rest?What quieter activities will you provide?How will your staff be sorted out (sorry long day cant think of the word) :o for instance they will need a break away from the children if on all day.Where will your lunch boxes be stored how will they be kept cool,how will you promote healthy eating (it is one of the 5 outcomes)How will the parents be informed.