Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chesse Sticks Recipie

Hi everyone,

I want to make bread chesse sticks next week at nursery. Have made them at a previous setting, but i can't find the receipie :o

Does anyone have a recipie that i can use to make them?

Thank you in advance,

Lu

INGREDIENTS:

1 stick plus 6 tablespoons butter (14 tablespoons), room temperature

3 cups sharp Cheddar cheese

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, more or less

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

PREPARATION:

Put the butter and cheese in the container of a food processor. Add the flour, salt, cayenne, and Worcestershire. Cover and blend thoroughly. If a food processor is not used, put the flour, salt and cayenne in a bowl.

Add the butter, cheese, and Worcestershire, and using two knives or a pastry blender, blend thoroughly. Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 300°.

Roll small amounts of dough into a long tube about the width of a straw and cut in desired lengths. Or, roll dough out on a floured surface to about 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thickness, cut into strips, and gently twist. Arrange the strips on 1 or 2 ungreased baking sheets.

Bake in preheated 300° oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the straws are crisp and lightly browned. Remove and let cool.

Tip: If you roll them into straw shapes, use a flat block or flat wide dish bottom to roll them uniformly. Makes about 5 to 6 dozen.

More Cheese Snacks

Something I do at home is to roll out some ready bought puff pastry (or buy ready rolled), cut into approx 1 cm strips and twist. Put on baking tray with a pinch of paprika (could omit) and sprinkle on grated parmesan cheese (or whatever you fancy). Totally yummy and so easy.

At pre-school, we use puff pastry a lot especially for pin wheels filled with what ever you fancy - mincemeat, jam, marmite, cinnamon. Spread it on the rolled out pastry, roll up like a swiss roll, cut into circles, place on baking tray and squash down a little.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)