Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Training

, I thought I read somewhere that every member of staff was entitled to a certain amount of time attending training courses

Does anyone know anything about this - I need to fight the case for paid training for my staff with a committee

this is being discussed somewhere else at the minute but i don't know how to do links sorry, it might be in the lounge, and it might be called just wondering but don't quote me :o

In Kent, our Nursery entitlement stuff ( sorry tired) says staff to attend 5 training days per year, and funding can be used for paying towards this, ie: we can close for 5 days per year and still claim the funding, not sure if it is mandatory though.

I did speak to someone from L.A. and said, this is all well and good but because I'm full day care would actually lose income from "care fees" outside education 2.5 hrs. I asked if I could do the training outside of term dates and still be funded, but this is not allowed :o , however she did understand my point and said she would look into it.

Peggy

It sounds as though our Lincolnshire set up is quite different. Each April a Training Directory goes out from our EYCS.

We are required to ensure that all Foundation Stage Practitioners receive at least 4 dayd appropriate training, which can include NVQ etc, & that the SENCO has also completed appropriate training.

Many of the courses are funded in part or total. It is also possible to put in claims for staff cover & travel for many short courses; I think First Aid & Food Hygiene & Child Protection are the ones that we can't claim for.

It works well. The only drawback is that you don't get reimbursement until the end of the course or maybe even the financial year. And if you want several staff to go on the same course, getting cover is a nightmare, & in any case you don't want too many away at once for the childrer's sake. Where training is only available once a year, it's very difficult to get everyone through the training in a sensible time frame

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)