Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flooring

Can anyone suggest a more hygenic alternative to normal carpet for our quiet area.

We are in a village hall and have to clear away each day.

Normal carpet gets very dusty, quickly and does not always seem that hygenic.

I need something easy to put away, that will go out flat, so nobody trips over it and is easy to clean.

Is there such a thing ??

Please help

glen

We have amat at nursery which is foam/sponge. it is squares that about 12" and you can slot them together to make a mat a lare or small as you want. They come apart easily and are easy to store.

i don't knowif theyare the same ones as the hope catalogue, but they are easy to put together so shouldn't get damaged, also they are easy to clean. I just sweep them andevery now andthen clean them with a damp cloth and cleaner. If only i could draw them for you :o

Are they those jigsaw ones that they have in hope catalogue, and would they last Ok if they had to be taken apart every day?

Glen

56089[/snapback]

I thought about buying the jigsaw type ones, I found some that were quite large for about £20 for 4 pieces. I liked the fact that they stored into a narrow box. I didn't buy them though because I thought they may break at the point they fit together ( if you know what I mean, like play puzzles sometimes do) I would have to take them apart every day, which would cause this sort of wear and tear. If anyone has got these and can assure me that this wouldn't happen, I'd really like to try them, 1/ because of their easy storage and 2/ because I work in a very dusty hall and carpets / rugs are really hard to maintain. However many times they are hooved, hard brushed they are still dusty. :o

Peggy

We recently brought some new flooring to replace an old carpet whcih children kept tripping on. We purchased a set of 8 large jigsaw foam mat with pieces which go aroung the sides. Easy to put together , not too heavy , we just store them behind the piano. I really like them and they make the setting look really bright. However, certain children have found they can draw on them by scratching with there fingernails, have several high heel marks appearing, can't put our tables or chairs on them as they mark them. Not sure if they are the ones from Hope but they were quite expensive £140. I do like them but not sure how long they are going to last and do worry about keep taking them apart.

I have also brought some from ELC,they were four for £10 not nearly as big but I could have got a whole lot more and they are very similar no side pieces though. Have had both sets for five/six weeks now so will let you know how long they last.

Sue

Rapunzel

sorry being jargonistic (is that a real word :o ) - jpeg is just one of the forms digital photographs come in :)

Peggy

I have gone for it and ordered the jigsaw ones from the hope catalgue so I will keep you informed.

I do worry about the things mentioned above, breaking, scrathing and heels.

I don't usually put tables or chairs on them so that shouldn't be a problem.

I am with you on the dust from village hall floors, the hoover gets so clogged up it just can't cope with the volume, and also the hygiene, with children sitting on the carpet and having toilet accidents.

I thought a wipe clean alternative would be better.

I am just hoping the advantages out number the disadvantages.

Glen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)