Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Quietly Amazed

WOW!!!!

I Had a great day today at work :)

normally im ripping my hair out come wednesday, as we have several boisterous boys that are all fulltime and seldom listen.

well today i swear someone abducted my normal pre-school children (however much i love them they are little devils) and replaced them with little angels.... they all listend to me and the other staff member as we told them of the day's activities.

They all realled of our 'rules', ie no hitting, shouting etc... and then they stuck to the rules, they didn't hit, and seldom shouted... and me and the other staff didn't have to use loud voices at all.....

i want to dance round the room and throw a party, its always so nice when you feel you have a good day... it was really productive as well, and i think that when the children are calmer, the staff are also calmer too.

all children were praised for being 'good' and listening, they received tehir stars and were mightily happy.

oh it was a lovely Day....

so, whoever kindnapped my 'little devils' please don't hurry back and return them, id rather have the little angels that assended on me today. :D

Hugely Happy :o

Dawn

Well I am guessing they enjoyed the day as mush as you, liked the praise and reward and it will be incentive enough for them again tomorrow. Why not start tomorrow by thanking them for behaving so nicely once again, and saying what you like about the day - the beautiful way they shared and were kind and gentle with one another!

We said the same thing before half term - we deduced that a space ship had come down and abducted our children and left a WONDERFUL class who looked exactly like them, but were absolutely amazing!!! The class spent about 10 minutes trying to convince us that it really was them.

Sadly it only lasted a couple of days .... enjoy it while you can. :o

Harricroft

Oh, isn't it wonderful when that happens and your little monkeys transform into angels.

Sadly, my little nursery monkeys were little monkeys today, but as we were having a visit from the fire engine for them to explore (and they got to use the hose!)

They were VERY excited little monkeys! So we felt like we were talking to the brick wall half the day! xD

So Dawn, when you finish with you're little angels, you couln't send them in my direction :o

Lu

We had a terrible morning-lots of cryers, for no apparent reason. One boy had sand thrown on his eyes, three children wet themselves, one of them twice and right near the end of the session, when we would normally have tidied up and be sitting down but everything was so behind, one of our girls fell off the climbing frame. We contacted mum who took her straight to casualty and she has broken her wrist in two places! I am not looking forward to tomorrow!

Linda

LOL :(

Not a chance, There my little angels, all mine LOL....

hope tommorow is better for you xD

Oh, isn't it wonderful when that happens and your little monkeys transform into angels.

Sadly, my little nursery monkeys were little monkeys today, but as we were having a visit from the fire engine for them to explore (and they got to use the hose!)

They were VERY excited little monkeys! So we felt like we were talking to the brick wall half the day! :(

So Dawn, when you finish with you're little angels, you couln't send them in my direction  :o

Lu

56092[/snapback]

Oh dear, sounds like a real bad day, also hope tommorow is better for you

we are quiet tommorow we only have 8 ~ should be bliss ~ fingers crossed

Dawn

We had a terrible morning-lots of cryers, for no apparent reason. One boy had sand thrown on his eyes, three children wet themselves, one of them twice and right near the end of the session, when we would normally have tidied up and be sitting down but everything was so behind, one of our girls fell off the climbing frame. We contacted mum who took her straight to casualty and she has broken her wrist in two places! I am not looking forward to tomorrow!

Linda

56120[/snapback]

just on the note of having a quiet day, and nurseryofficer not having to "use loud voices", last term I and my staff spent the whole day talking in really quiet voices, nearly a whisper, we didn't call across the room to each other and the effect on the children was amazing, a really peaceful few days. :D:D

Thanks for sharing your positive day, I think sunshine and summer time has a lot to do with our moods, and although at home I had a really happy day yesterday too :D ( I completed my QA Module 4 ,sat up all night working on it then, mentor arrived at 10 am and spent 4 hrs until 2:30pm with me putting the portfolio together,( :o PHEW) then sunbathed on my rather large expensive sunbed - for those who don't know, I mean my trampoline xD )

Linda, here is your mantra for tomorrow - "today is going to be great, safe and fun" - repeat twenty times before arriving at work :( It's bound to come true :D

peggy