Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medium Term Planning - Journeys

Me again, thinking ahead about next term, my topic is journeys, i am thinking of linking it to world cup and having a football ticket office..... also will link topic to water, wind and air, make balloons, etc, etc, change home corner into a holiday home, have the office as a passport office etc, etc, does anyone have any planning about journeys they would like to share? :)

Journeys is a lovely topic, I really ebjoyed it when I did this a few years back but dont have the plans on the computer, sorry!

However, I covered road safety and sun safety within it.

Hi

We have used a really good book to support the theme of journeys before. It is called Naughty Bus, I can't remember who by but you can find it at amazon.

It is about a toy bus that goes on an adventure around the child's house. It is an excellent story starter for imaginiative play, writing and ICT as you could take photos of a toy bus's journey around your setting.

There is so much you could do with this book. I would recommend it.

Hope that helps

Hi There,

Practical Pre School have a book on "Journeys" that is a 6 week theme covering different aspects of journeys. I have a copy so I could post a few ideas if you get stuck. I purchased my copy from Amazon it was around £6.00

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)