Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interpersonal And Communication Skills

Hi its emma again,

Just wondering if anybody had any good references for the topic of interpersonal and communication skills.

We have to look at the self, as a resource,

strategies employed to become an effective group member

Role of communication in counselling?

I haven't got the foggiest where to look, no good books which i've found in our college library.

Can anyone help?

Emma xXx

Hi Emma, have you tried the business management section in your library as communication is a fundamental business skill?

I found a good book about non-verbal communication: Body Language by Allan Pease. There are also some good articles about effective communication available on line - try googling "Effective Communication"

HTH

Sharon

• 3 weeks later...

I am really struggling to find things about the self as a resource. the question is really general and we have no handouts to look. I think the question is aiming at things like time management, making the time for people etc?

Anybody got any ideas?

Emma

Hi Emma, there are several books by Gillia Pugh which I think might help. If you go on Amazon you can look inside a couple before deciding if you think they are suitable.

I've recently bought a book called Early Years Management in Practice (my nursery has expanded ) which has stuff about team working, time management etc. It depresses me quite a bit because I'm not the lovely leader I like to imagine myself...

B :o

Thank you so much for your replies they have been really helpful. I just was in state about it all, but i'm sorted its the last countdown before hand in date so a little stressed.

Thank you peggy for the mind skills some came in really useful!!!Appreciate it!!

Emma xXx

Your welcome, hopefully now a very bright light at the end of the tunnel. good luck with your final furlong. :o

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)