Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mci/c1

Hi,

I'm not sure how to answer this case study correctly and would be very grateful if anyone can help me.

The case study reads:

As a leader in a Creche you feel the deputy is lacking motivation through observation her working practice and listening to her contributions during staff meetings. How would you deal with this situation?

This is what I make of it but don't know if it's right or not:

Speak with other members of head staff e.g. toddler room and maybe arrange for her to work with the deputy for a while to help regain confidence.

Many thanks.

Lots of constructive / specific praise motivates my staff :)

Work / life balance can also affect motivation, so maybe worth considering finding out about that.

peggy

I agree with Peggy. Maybe take the deputy into the office and find out if there is anything at home that may be causing her difficulties at work, or find out if there is a problem at work that is making her feel less motivated. Appraisals etc are good for this!

Great for both your help in this matter. I have been able to use your ideas to help me answer this case study. Hopefully, this unit will be my twelth one signed off in the morning, fingers crossed.

Many thanks again.

Good Luck KJ! MCI/C1 was one of my last units and it really seemed to drag, but it was one of the easiest! I'm sure it'll be signed off, no worries!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)