Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Please Need To Do A Covering Letter

hi,

I am doing a GTP at a special school and have been told today that I need to interview for the post of the teacher there next year competing against the class teacher that works there now as there is only one job (she only had a years contract) any way ignoring the fact that its a horrible situation to be put in and the atmosphere is terrible i need to give the head a covering letter for this post. As I am new to all this what sort of things should I put in this other than the fact I want to apply for the job??

Thanks for any help.

I am also being observed on wednesday for teacher directed MD so if anyone has any great counting games they wish to share maybe I could add that to my exisitng plan tomake it extra good!!! Needs to be quite practical, touchy games as all 8 of my class are on the autistic spectrum.

thanks again

jo

Hi Jop, not an easy situation by any means.

Your letter is your chance to sell yourself. make them want to meet you and find out more. Of course in your situation you need to prove that you are a better option than the other teacher! Sell yourself big time!

You do have other experiences so what were they, could they be useful to you and or the school? What have you learnt this year, what would you as a teacher offer/ bring to the school?

Ask for a job description or a people specification if you do not already have one and match yourself to that in your letter.

Hope someone else will give you some help.

Good luck.

thanks-thats kinda what I thought but its hard when they already know you. I guess just dont be shy and say all the things that I feel are good about me. Feels horrible though when Im the one training but there have been so many things this year that I have had to implement cos the other teacher hasnt. for example we have only JUST started doing observations of the children cos I set it up. I just hate having to sell myself especially when I feel that im still learning! and i hvae to make it seem like I know best!!

thanks for your help.

jo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)