Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help!

Hi,

Can anyone help me as I seem to have hit a brick wall with this unit. I have completed the assignment and now preparing it for signing off by my assessor, but finding it very difficult finding the PC's. Do I write activity plans or can they be put into the assignment at certatin questions?

Hope someone can help.

Hi KJ and welcome,

Your question is a bit broad, if you could describe which PC's you are trying to evidence then maybe we can be of more assistance.

Have you read the NVQ3 guidance resources? You can find them

Here

Peggy

Sorry, new to this site. I need to cover the following:

C15.1 - PC's 5, 6, 7 and 8.

C15.3 - PC's 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Can I put these against revelent assignment questions? If so, this would be a whole lot less hassle rather than writing up two separate activity plans.

Edited by Guest

Sorry KJ but I don't have the information ie: NVQ units to refer to, I do however have knowledge and experience of Child protection issues.

If your question is about actuall understanding of knowledge criteria then I may be able to help, however if your question is more about the "How" of evidencing your knowledge in terms of portfolio building then I'm not so sure. Maybe someone who is currently an assessor will come along and advize you, or maybe you need to talk to your assessor for guidance.

PC are perfomance criteria which is difficult to evidence in this unit, can you use witness statements, comments from managers on transferable skills which may be the same/similar to the skills required to deal with these specific PC's or reflective accounts? I don't quite understand how a PC can be evidenced with an activity plan, unless the plan is actually carried out practically and observed or witnessed.

Sorry if this isn't much help, and don't worry about how you phrase your posts, we've all been "new" to forums at some time and understand. Just keep asking away, anytime.

Good luck.

Peggy

Hi KJ,

Peggy is right, you will find you don't need much in the way of observation for this unit. Witness statements, etc are fine - as an assessor I would think the only time an activity plan would be much help would be when you have to show how you have raised children's awareness, C15.4, be aware of cross referencing opportunities. Have you looked at the NVQ guidance section on this site??

PS, welcome!!

Sue

[Thankyou all,

I have spoken to may tutor and assessor regarding activity plans to cover the mising PC's and they have said to go ahead with these. Now I can get ahead and write up the EELS sheets for signing off with my assessor.

Hope to find you useful again with other units in the near future.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)