Jump to content
Home
Forum
Join Us
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do I Take It


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Please help

I am currently on a 1 year contract in a Reception class, my contract ends in September and school as yet do not know whether to renew it due to pupil numbers. I have just been rung to say that i have an interview for another Reception class for a year starting Septmber. My only problem is if i dont know which one to take, if i get offered the other post, would it be better for me to do another year at my current school (which doesnt use national stratergies but SFA) or change schools for a different experience and use of the national stratergies

Any ideas

I know this probably doesnt make sence but im excited confused and nervous all at once

Thanks

CAt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Cat

 

May I ask what is SFA?

 

I'm not sure what to advise you if you get offered new job and head gets back to you about staying on where you are. What I have done in the past is go with my gut feelings/instincts after first writing pros and cons for each school. Reading through list, leaving it overnight and reading through it next day - to check my instincts are still the same.

 

After successful interview, you could always go back to your head and say you have been offered another job but want to know if contract with them will be renewed, as you have to make decision.

 

I have just handed my notice in as Early Years Teacher/SENCo in a designated children's centre and will be starting as Reception teacher in a primary school overseas! I am excited and really it wasn't that hard a decision to make in the end. It feels right!

 

Good Luck with your decision and let us know how you get on.

 

Louise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Cat

 

May I ask what is SFA?

 

I'm not sure what to advise you if you get offered new job and head gets back to you about staying on where you are.  What I have done in the past is go with my gut feelings/instincts after first writing pros and cons for each school.  Reading through list, leaving it overnight and reading through it next day - to check my instincts are still the same.

 

After successful interview, you could always go back to your head and say you have been offered another job but want to know if contract with them will be renewed, as you have to make decision. 

 

I have just handed my notice in as Early Years Teacher/SENCo in a designated children's centre and will be starting as Reception teacher in a primary school overseas!  I am excited and really it wasn't that hard a decision to make in the end.  It feels right!

 

Good Luck with your decision and let us know how you get on.

 

Louise.

54803[/snapback]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Cat, ideally if you were happy in your school and job and all things were equal I would suggest that at least another year consolidating your skills and experiences would be the right move. However, in your situation you have to go with the job in hand! Go to the interview and do your best, presumably you have visited the school before applying and would be happy to work there? You will get a feel for things at interview and if you are offered the job, it may encourage your current school to make a decision, if they do not you will know that you have a job to continue your career! You may also decide at interview that the prospective school would be a good move.

 

Difficult decisions but somehow these things have a way of working out for the best.

Good luck.

 

I am going to move this out of the NVQ area!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)