Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Some Tips to Enhance my Communication Skills | Sanjeev Mansotra

Hello, my name is Sanjeev Mansotra, I want to improve my communication skills. I 'm new to this community. I need a guide who can work on building my confidence in communication. Sometimes I hesitate speaking. I'm good at writing but not in speaking to others. I hope here i will get good guidance.

Hi Sanjeev and welcome to the FSF 😊

I’m not an expert in communication skills at all, so I am speaking only from my own experience here! When I was thinking about your message, I came up with these things:

Being a good listener

Being aware of body language – our own and the people we are speaking with

Take a deep breath before speaking – I can get a bit nervous when talking with people, and I find this helps me to feel calm and confident

Starting with ‘How are you?’ or ‘How is your day going?’ – this helps me when I don’t know what to say or how to start a conversation

Being curious and interested in what the other person has to say – maybe saying things like ‘That’s interesting…’ or ‘How do you feel now?’ … or ‘What can I do to help?’… - all depending on the context

I’m sure other people can come up with a lot more, but I hope that’s helpful. 

• Like 1