Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do you make your pupils put up their hood?

Guest1

Hi guys/girls it's me again for the first time in a while and this time it's am issue I have with my 5yr old son and putting his hood up.

My son likes going outside at Playtime/Lunchtime no matter the weather, like most kids presumably but the playground assistant just cannot get him to put up his hood when it's pouring rain, they prefer the children to be suitably dressed in order to prevent hair getting soaked which cak then drip onto their desk or work, he just will not wear a hat but I don't mind that as I also try him with his hood up or more often than not he goes underneath my umbrella to stay dry.  

So as I have said in the thread title, do you guys insist on hood/hats or does it not matter to you?

I don't run my nursery anymore but when I did, we would encourage children to put their hoods up or wear hats, but we wouldn't enforce it. Could you maybe let him choose one when you next go shopping? The crazier the better! He might be more inclined to wear one then, if he's had the choice. 🙂

• Like 1