Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Queen's Knickers

Hello everyone

Just looking for some cheap and cheerful ideas I could use alongside Nicholas Allan's "The Queen's Knickers".

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

We read this to our Nursery children last week on the Queen's birthday. The humour went right over their heads. In fact, not one of my three and four year olds even knew who the Queen was or recognised her photograph.

Anyway, this week, we are going to read it again. We're going to make a washing line of knickers to hang up in our outside area (under cover). We'll be talking about different kinds of patterns - spots, stripes, squares, flowers, etc and the children will create their own pattern on their "paper" knickers.

We're using the book as an introduction to our mini topic of "Kings, Queens and Castles". So we will continue looking at traditional stories and language in these stories. We'll be making crowns and cooking food for our Royal Banquet, setting up our role play as a castle, dressing up, making flags, bunting, etc, etc

We read this to our Nursery children last week on the Queen's birthday.  The humour went right over their heads.  In fact, not one of my three and four year olds even knew who the Queen was or recognised her photograph.

Anyway, this week, we are going to read it again.  We're going to make a washing line of knickers to hang up in our outside area (under cover).  We'll be talking about different kinds of patterns - spots, stripes, squares, flowers, etc and the children will create their own pattern on their "paper" knickers.

Thanks for this.  I just love her parachute knickers and those inflatable ones.  How useful would they be!

Have you seen 'Pants'?? It's brilliant and a firm favourite of our pre-school unit.

Sue

54708[/snapback]

Sounds like it could become an intriguing topic! Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)