Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Map and Assessment

Hello, we have a few doubts:

Do we need to Map all children individually every year? Can Map be calculated from the summative assessment at the end of the year and automatically transferred to the following academic year?

How do you assess children that are working below their year group in different subjects, for example, X Y4 is working at Y3 in Spoken language?

Thank you 

Hi! 

Thanks for getting in touch; I'd be happy to help. 

First of all, if you haven't found this already, I'd definitely recommend this tutorial as it covers a lot of info about MAPs

To answer your questions, yes you do need to set MAPs for each child each year, as each framework has a different MAP screen under Tracking

Yes, your child's MAP can be calculated from the summative assessment scores, but it can't be automatically transferred over. As above, you'll need to manually set it each year. 

As for your last question, you can use multiple different assessment frameworks with the same child so you could use the Y3 framework for observations in Spoken language for example. But this might make the tracking side confusing as you'd need to be looking at the Y3 screen for spoken language but the Y4 screens for everything else. 

Personally what I would do is have one of my tiers as "working towards" or something similar and use this for their Y4 summative assessments in Spoken Language as, even though they are working at a year 3 level, they are still working towards year 4. Also if they Year 4 MAP for spoken language is "working towards" then they are still achieving that. Alternatively, you could have a tier which is "working below" to signify this. 

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need anything else :)