Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forest school activities

Guest1

I am posting this here as I can't seem to be able to post topics in the forest school section of the forum :O.

As I stated in my first thread last night, one of the options I had for my son was a forest school as he loves the outdoors and tbh it's still something I'll consider throughout the summer for future so I'm just wanting to know the sort of things that forest schools do as I'd presume it would be a lot different than a forest or outdoor nursery where it will be more outdoor play and learning etc?

On 04/08/2023 at 19:11, Guest1 said:

I am posting this here as I can't seem to be able to post topics in the forest school section of the forum :O.

The Forest School section has now been archived so you can read content but not post in there.  Earlier this year we took the decision to streamline the forum areas as over the years we ended up with so many people found it a little overwhelming.

I trust that helps explain the situation 😊

Forest school is about being outside, but also learning about respecting the outside world, and using it to support their learning. 

They get to use tools and resources that might not be possible inside, and be out in it in all weathers. 

This site has so much more information though that you might find useful: https://forestschoolassociation.org/what-is-forest-school/ 

• Like 3

I have now decided to go down this route instead of the indoor route for a couple of reasons, 1) he loves being in the outdoors and he actually requested if he can go to forest school and, 2) it will probably be easier in terms of the laces and jacket issue :). I know I'll probably need more sturdier shoes and perhaps a more warmer waterproof jacket plus hat, gloves and a scarf etc for winter time but that's a few months away yet :P.