Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Turkey

Hi all, thinking of having a break away in Turkey after 2 years of slogging my guts (PGCE, NQT year). Just asking if anyone has any ideas for Istanbul. First time Im going with hubby so I don't know where to start. Can anyone recommend any cheap packages. THanks in advance

Flowerx

my mum and dad love turkey and took my kiddies with them last year they stayed outside Bodrum so that it was quiter but could go there if they wanted. You cannot go to turkey without visiting Ephesus, such a magical wonderful place. good luck. :D

If you are that way inclined there is a campsite just outside Istanbul and it is just a short train ride from the city. I went there 18 years ago (backpacking with my sister) and I loved it. Another place worth looking at is Pamukkale which is just east of Izmir with natural pools of water in lime rocks. I think it is one of the wonders of the world.

I keep trying to go back there with hubby but he doesnt fancy it. Oh well I'll just have to go back with my sister one day.

Sue