Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oracy rich learning environment podcast

I enjoyed listening back to this podcast with the wonderful Sejal Payne on the "Importance of an oracy rich learning environment".

Developing oracy skills supports children's learning across their development and curriculum by enabling them to articulate their thoughts and ideas, understand others' perspectives, and engage in meaningful dialogue.
It is important to consider the unique needs of multilingual children in fostering oracy skills, as they may require additional support to navigate multiple languages and cultural contexts. As someone who was brought up in a bilingual household, I now fully appreciate what a great position I was in, but also how that extra support was required to ensure that I was able to cope.
Encouraging oracy alongside literacy can create a strong foundation for lifelong learning and success and this leads on to so many more opportunities through life.

I hope you all enjoy this podcast too:
Importance of an oracy rich learning environment

• Like 1