Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Initiated, Directed And Focused Activites.

Currently when planning we have some child inititated activities, some directed- where we plan an activity wehich we would like all children to have a go at put do not always put an adult there and do not assess. We also have our focused PSHE, Lit, Num, Phys, KUOW and creative activities. My question is how do you balance your activites. Do you have an equal number of Child ini. and directed?

I think (in the Curriculum Guidance Folder) there is a percentage of child intitiated v. teacher directed which changes (or used to change as the year progresses)

I think it used to be something like 70% or 60% child inititated to start with.

Because the FS is now meant to be extending into Yr 1 we keep a high percentage of CI - in fact 2 sessions (i. e. 2 hours approx) per day for whole of the year. there was a time in the past when we were meant to gradually introduce the literacy and numeracy hour in reception (not that I ever did) but not any more thank goodness.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)