Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Name Games

We have a new pupil starting with us this term and I wanted to play some simple name games to familiarise him with the children in the class. Does anyone know any good simple songs/games to play to do this.

Thanks

Passing a teddy round the circle and having to tell it your name. You play this several times (different days) and then change it so that you have to tell the teddy the name of the person you are going to pass him to. You can also do rolling a ball across a seated circle of children, saying the name of the person you are going to roll it to. I think I got these ideas from the SEAL materials which have other stuff in too only I can't remember any of them! Someone else is bound to be able to help you!

There is a very nice game which the children really enjoy. All children sit in a large circle, take a ball of wall, and ask a child to hold on to the end and throw the ball of wool to a child across the circle (saying the name of the child they are going to throw to) that child then holds on to his bit of string and throws the ball of wool to another child etc etc it actually makes a 'spiders web', we then sing incy wincy spider.

Jenni x

There is a very nice game which the children really enjoy.  All children sit in a large circle, take a ball of wall, and ask a child to hold on to the end and throw the ball of wool to a child across the circle (saying the name of the child they are going to throw to) that child then holds on to his bit of string and throws the ball of wool to another child etc etc it actually makes a 'spiders web', we then sing incy wincy spider.

Jenni x

54072[/snapback]

johnny smith, johnny smith where are you ?

here i am, here i am,

how do you do.

to the tune peter pointer, all kids love this when chosen, new child soon picks up names of others.

(shake hands with teacher when saying how do you do.

x :o

johnny smith, johnny smith where are you ?

here i am, here i am,

how do you do.

to the tune peter pointer, all kids love this when chosen, new child soon picks up names of others.

(shake hands with teacher when saying how do you do.

x :o

54089[/snapback]

Why is it when I do that song the children in my group all run off and hide?

(only joking) :D

It is popular with ours too.

Peggy

We have a new pupil starting with us this term and I wanted to play some simple name games to familiarise him with the children in the class. Does anyone know any good simple songs/games to play to do this.

Thanks

54066[/snapback]

Hi there,

we play a game where about 8/10 children sit in a circle and roll a ball to each other saying " My name is Molly".....(roll ball to a friend) " My name si Fred" Th eadult can then add detail " I like Molly because she has blond/red hair"

Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)