Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition/transfer Policy

I am just finishing off our QA and need to put in place a transfer/transition policy or statement-this would be from pre-school/nursery to nursery/school. I was wondering if anybody had one of these and what needs to go into it? Thank you in anticipation.

Linda

I think, like me, not many people have got one of these written yet. ( or replies are not forthcoming because of the hols :o )

I would love to see yours when you have completed it ( cheeky or what? xD ).

We do home visits on initial intake, a transfer record for children moving up from BTTM to FSC, the children aged from 2-4 yrs all spend time playing together so there is no actual "practical" measure for transfer within our preschool. I have written ( in length, as I do) elsewhere in a post how we consider the pressure children may feel with the build up to starting school, and how we try to alleviatte this. during the summer term, plus the transfer visits we plan, and transfer records sent to schools.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy-I think you are right in that nobody else has written one. I will have to put one together, post it on here and see what people think. Between us we should come up with something pretty good.

Linda

Hi Linda. How's the policy going? Have you managed to come up with anything suitable yet? Am looking forward to hearing about it!

We are having a staff meeting the week after next when we will be putting together this policy-so..... watch this space!!

Linda

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bring this up again, hint, hint Linda. :o

We've just started our QA scheme,Transition module. Staff meeting on Thursday, Mentor coming in next Monday. There was an article in NW last week but have passed it on to my manager ( delegation skills or what !!) but didn't have time to read it first xD .

Any chance of having a look at your policy Linda, please.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)