Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information From Parents

Hi

I am going to review the information and booklets we send to parents prior to children coming into Nursery and Reception. It would be useful to know what others do:

we send a pack out asking for general information regarding the child, and some suggestions for the child to become more independent.

We also explain about our Handwriting, reward system etc etc etc

and stagger timings for entry into reception

we do a phonics and handwriting parent session, and parents are invited in to sample school dinners, etc

I know I am waffling, but any other useful suggestions would be great!!!

I would imagine we collect much the same as you.

Every parent gets a copy of our FS brochure and a copy of the school brochure

a sheet to show how we form letters

a JP explanation sheet (also do a sample session)

a numeracy handout (think we got them from BEAM)

This year will be slightly different so Mel and I are still putting things together. Will let you know if I think of anything else

I would imagine we collect much the same as you.

Every parent gets a copy of our FS brochure and a copy of the school brochure

a sheet to show how we form letters

a JP explanation sheet (also do a sample session)

a numeracy handout (think we got them from BEAM)

This year will be slightly different so Mel and I are still putting things together. Will let you know if I think of anything else

53753[/snapback]

Thanks for your help there Marion, hope your enjoying your hols! I took my son to Locomotion in Shildon. we had a fab time.

Hi Marion.

What information do you use to make up your FS brochure? Is it something that you have made yourself or is it something given to you by the LA? I've never heard of one before, so was interested to see how it came about!

Its our own brochure that has been put together over a period of time to provide parents with infomation about our setting. It started life as the nursery bruchure then was adapted with the introduction of the FS. I havent got a copy at home but will look out the disc when I get back to school. The plan is to put together a new glossy brochure some time in the near future.

Thanks for sharing those Beckyann and Marion! I don't really know what our setting gives to new parents by way of information relating to the pre-school. I certainly didn't get anything when I registered my daughter. I might mention it to my manager and see what she says! Both examples are great!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)