Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Initiated Activities

Hello All

Can anyone tell me how they record their child initiated activities.

At the moment we have a box to tick on our activity planning sheets to show whether the activity is adult or child initiated but you don't really plan for child initiated activities.

Should i create a new form to record evidence of child initiated activities that happen throughout a session?

Confused??? :o

Hello All

At the moment we have a box to tick on our activity planning sheets to show whether the activity is adult or child initiated but you don't really plan for child initiated activities.

Should i create a new form to record evidence of child initiated activities that happen throughout a session?

53336[/snapback]

We have a planning sheet with all the areas of our classroom on i.e construction etc.. we write next to the area if it is a focus, directed or child initiated area

Hello All

53336[/snapback]

Hi mandy

Im new to this so not sure if this reply will work!! If its any reassurance -we don't record child initiated activities but do have observation sheets where we may write it down

from Angela

we use sticky labels, and write doen anything during the day that is interesting:

eg ":Lucy tried hard with the scissors today, she snipped around the entire edge of her paper before making a mark and putting into envelope"

This is one I did today, which will be stuck into her termly obs record.

she chose to go to mark making, and chose the appropriate scissors (pinking style) after trying a variety including left handed etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)