Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Guitar

In one of my madder moments, I bought a guitar, insisting to myself that I was going to use it at school and simply couldn't do without it!!!! Having since had a variety of different guitar lessons that have attempted to teach me to play either like some aging country band or like oasis, i haven't really got very far!!!

All I really want to be able to do is play things like twinkle twinkle little star and I am a greedy crocodile etc etc etc

Does anyone know of anywhere that does guitar lessons specifically for teachers? I am in the london area (se)...

Hope someone can help....

Cheers

BB

Sorry Basil don't know of any teachers. But i too bought a guitar in a moment of madness after hearing a supply teacher play with our children. One of our teachers agreed to teach me (against his better judgement). After 3 lessons he said that he didnt think the guitar and i were destined to get along and decided a would be better suited to an easier instrument like the triangle!! Charming!! Still had great fun though!

Lola

Hi BB and Lola I have been happily playing the guitar on just three cords for over 30 years and the parents and children think it's great. You can transpose almost any song into D G A7 which are easy cords to play, I strum or pick a rhythm depending on the tune. Most song books include guitar cords but you don't have to play them all. You can also change the key you are in it wont matter unless you are playing along with another tuned instrument ie piano.

Your local Adult Education might be able to offer you lessons you need folk guitar it might not be your kind of music but it will give you confidence.

I might be able to help you with some chords if you are really stuck.

You might find your local library keeps a list of music teachers (mine does). If you have no luck try taking up the recorder - it's dead easy and fits in a (large?) handbag :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)