Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Course

hello,am doing the cpp course,this is my first ever course,i havent evan done my first assignment yet,will start it in new yr,am feeling panicy "is there any one doing the cpp course?please i really could do with a little help in getting started.

many thanks

vicky :o

Vicky

If you let me know more or less the exact wording of your first assignment them I can ask my staff who have done the DPP if it is similar to any that they did. It will be possible to give you a better idea of what you need to include. How many words is it by the way?

Linda

Sorry Vicky

have just found one of your other posts that says you have to do 750 words. I think the problem you may find is not going over!! For the DPP my satff had to do 1500 words and had great difficulty sticking to that!! Still let me know about the wording though. I can tell you are feeling very panicky about this and all I can say is try not to worry too much-we are all here to help if we can.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...
hello,am doing the cpp course,this is my first ever course,i havent evan done my first assignment yet,will start it in new yr,am feeling panicy "is there any one doing the cpp course?please i really could do with a little help in getting started.

many thanks

vicky xD

Hi! Don't panic :o - I have just had 1 member of staff complete the cpp and another starting in January. It's not as bad as you think once you get going.

If you need any help just give me an e-mail. emdavidson@blueyonder.co.uk

You'll be fine! Just think of the satisfaction when you've finished! :D:D

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All

I'd like some advice about training. Has anyone any preference between the Cache NVQ 2/3 and Dip pre school practice. I'm new to this area and would greatly appreciate any advice

Doreen :

Hi Doreen

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I suppose it depends on how you want to do your studying as these are two very different courses. Two of my staff qualified last year. They undertook the DPP, attending college one evening a week with assignments at the end of each module. They found it quite hard going as they were both mature students and had not done any sort of "schooling" as they put it for many years.

I have two members of staff who are currently doing their NVQ 3. They are attending college fortnightly and undertaking work in pre-school time. They also are finding this hard going, again because they have families as well as working and studying. Their assessor comes in regularly and they have covered quite a lot in a short time, but there is a lot to do.

I think some people think being assessed as you work is an easier option but from what I have seen it isn't. It is quite involved, and a lot depends on where you are working. I give my staff as much support as I can and we adapt the planning sometimes to suit what they need to be doing for their assessor. Not all settings are as flexible.

It is worth looking at what sort of a learner you are-can you sit down and write assignments or are you better doing stuff as you go along. There are advantages and disadvantages to both! Do you work currently?

Good luck with your choice and let us know what you decide.

Linda

Hi

having done the DPP ok I know it has changed since i qualified I found it a good informative course but once completeing found its recognition limited

when choosing a qualification the question also needs to be

"where do you want to be working?"

not every one recognises the DPP, and most employers ask for the more heard of qualifications such as an NVQ or DCE (NNEB) this can be disheartening when hunting for jobs.

on a positive note I have found the DPP an excellent qualification for managing a preschool I feel it is possible the best for preschool /playgroup leaders which is what it was designed for ,there are many aspects of managment issuse which the DPP went into depth I am now using this information in my HND studies most of my college friends think I am an "experienced" manager which is true but most of the knowledge I share in class is remembered from my DPP course work. I dont know what depth the NVQ or the DCE go into playgroup management but I get the impression that they give wider scope for career options

so I know I am biased and feel I learnt alot on the DPP the most important question is what doors do you want your qualification the DPP gives alot of relavent knowledge but doesnt always open doors to jobs.

• 1 month later...

hi

i teach both the cpp and the dpp

assignments for cpp are 1500 words with 10% over if needed level 2

dpp 3000 with 10% over if needed level 3

both are good courses

yes the dpp has changed in the past few 4/5 yrs. My ex students have got jobs managing toy libraries, managing pre-schools, working as nursery nurses in school, working with children with special needs, hope this helps you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)