Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rule of 6

Dennie

Good morning everyone.

I am just seeking some advice and opinions.  We have a new starter who is not attending this week.  Dad has now emailed to say that they have visitors - his sister and family - and they will be staying with them all week.  I know that the child is already in a household of 4 so I am concerned that family from another area of the UK or possibly overseas is now mixing and extending the social group.  Of course, other families could be doing this as well, but in this case we are aware of it as dad has put it in writing.

The rules keep changing and I am aware that we all need to keep updating policies and procedures.  Can anyone offer any advice?  Should the child be welcomed back next week or do we need to put more measures in place first before he returns.  We have a duty of care to all our children.  Also 2 members of staff have husbands who are vulnerable.  One is not well enough to work and the other working from home so we do not want to put them at risk.  I can see that further incidents like this will arise over the next few weeks if rules change again.  I am wondering whether we should also consult our local authority for advice.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Dennie said:

Good morning everyone.

I am just seeking some advice and opinions.  We have a new starter who is not attending this week.  Dad has now emailed to say that they have visitors - his sister and family - and they will be staying with them all week.  I know that the child is already in a household of 4 so I am concerned that family from another area of the UK or possibly overseas is now mixing and extending the social group.  Of course, other families could be doing this as well, but in this case we are aware of it as dad has put it in writing.

The rules keep changing and I am aware that we all need to keep updating policies and procedures.  Can anyone offer any advice?  Should the child be welcomed back next week or do we need to put more measures in place first before he returns.  We have a duty of care to all our children.  Also 2 members of staff have husbands who are vulnerable.  One is not well enough to work and the other working from home so we do not want to put them at risk.  I can see that further incidents like this will arise over the next few weeks if rules change again.  I am wondering whether we should also consult our local authority for advice.

I'm not sure what to suggest but I do sympathise and I'm sure like you say, this sort of situation will be happening increasingly

• 3 weeks later...