Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Physial Focus: Ourselves

hi my topic for the summer term 2 is ourselves (were trying to be organsied and think how we are going to organise each week

the ideas we have are:

1. the way we look - body parts and features

2. what do our bodies need? food, sleep, exercise

3. the senses

this is where it changes:

4. i can ...

5. i can ...

6. i can ...

7. i can ...

in the i can bits have a running theme for the week e.g. i can ... and assess and develop one learning objective for example cutting (fine motor) etc

has anyone got any comments or teaching ideas for these weeks: im an NQT and trying to make my mark on the planning team

thanks

gemma

Can you fit all the senses in one week? We usually focu on one per week (autumn term, though).

Also, will you be looking at how the children have changed/ will change with growth; and their place in the family?

hi my topic for the summer term 2 is ourselves (were trying to be organsied and think how we are going to organise each week

the ideas we have are:

1. the way we look - body parts and features

2. what do our bodies need? food, sleep, exercise

3. the senses

this is where it changes:

4.  i can ...

5. i can ...

6. i can ...

7. i can ...

in the i can bits have a running theme for the week e.g. i can ... and assess and develop one learning objective for example cutting (fine motor) etc

has anyone got any comments or teaching ideas for these weeks: im an NQT and trying to make my mark on the planning team

thanks

gemma

52726[/snapback]

52757[/snapback]

Hi - we have just finished a similar topic and one of the best supported areas was the "bring in a smell" part! We encouared the children to dip a piece of cotton wool in something at home and bring in the sample in a small plastic bag!!!! ( clues on a small piece of paper for those who couldn't fathom it!) Everyone had to guess what the smell was and the parents got verrrry involved!!!

Hi  - we have just finished a similar topic and one of the best supported areas was the  "bring in a smell" part!  We encouared the children to dip a piece of cotton wool in something at home and bring in the sample in a small plastic bag!!!!  ( clues on  a small piece of paper for those who couldn't fathom it!) Everyone had to guess what the smell was and the parents got verrrry involved!!!

52760[/snapback]

What a good idea, :D I love anything that motivates parent participation.

Did you get any really unusual smells? :oxD

Peggy

Can you fit all the senses in one week? We usually focu on one per week (autumn term, though).

Also, will you be looking at how the children have changed/ will change with growth; and their place in the family?

52741[/snapback]

Could link with 'I can'; we've just done growing and made zigzag books of what the children could do when they were a baby, now and what they will be able to do when they get bigger.

Perhaps you could cover a variety of gross motor skills through an obstacle course, e.g. I can jump with 2 feet together, I can hop, I can skip, I can ride a tricycle/bike etc.

As a parent with teenage boys who play football and rugby - I could guess what may have come up!!

If I was being sensible though, lavender, Vick, onion, almon oil etc etc

Nikki

What a good idea, :D  I love anything that motivates parent participation. 

Did you get any really unusual smells? :o  xD

Peggy

52778[/snapback]

they were mainly kitchen/food smells...but my favourite was Grandad who sent in cotton wool dipped in oil from his lawn mower!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)