Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Honeymoon

Hi!

Just wondered if anyone could advise me - getting married next October - at beginning of half term - partner wants us to go to Brazil - wahey - for our honeymoon and would like us to go for more than 7 days - what is the protocol for this? am i entitled or allowed any days?

Thanks!

Sara

First CONGRATULATIONS :D

second, it depends on where you work and your contract obligations. If I employed you and I had sufficient notice I would gladly give the time off. I would however have to negotiate whether it was paid or not.

Peggy

i work in a county school - does this make a difference? not reall y sure of my contractual obligations - is it up to the head or the council?

Thank you!

Congratuations and what a fantastic place to go for a honeymoon.

If you are in a school you may have to take the extra time without pay, if they agree to give you this time as leave of absence. Only you will know what the likely reaction of your HT and Governors is likely to be. You can only ask.

Sara, you need to ask your head about this. You will almost certainly need to put it in writing and it will need to go to the governors fro final approval. You stand more chance of this being granted if you ask for unpaid leave.

In my experience, you will not be refused but do not take it for granted and book without approval.

Good luck and congratulations!!

I'm an October bride too and will be celebrating my silver wedding this year, but like my honeymoon only a few days away have been booked!!