Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Short Term Planning

Hi,

thanks to some good advice on here and a lot of fiddling around I think I like the way I have done the meduim term planning for next term (pretty much based on norfolk style with few bits for me). I just cant seem to come up witha good way to short term plan. I am still training so feel like a need that little bit more detail in my short term plans but want a way that will be managable as I'm teaching for 80% of the time (same as NQT year). My mentor suggested doing a grid with the 6 areas at the top and the days of the week down the side and just slotting in the activities that you plan to do that day but I'm not sure thats detailed enough for me and it still feels a bit like a meduim term plan as I have done this for the 6 weeks of term.

sorry if this is a bit unclear! just wondering if anyone has any brilliant ways of short term planning that they would be willing to explain or share. I know people have said they plan a week at a time but seeing as I am not experienced I feel like i need to know whats going on a bit more than that.

thanks

jo

Hi Jo

have a look at this which I used in Reception. I numbered the goals as they appear within the curriculum guidance and used the numbers as reference in the top section, then added a learning objective so that you could see the learning intention and the goal that was being worked towards.

The detail in the daily planning can then be as detailed as you need.

extended_master_Reception_weekly_planner.doc

thanks for that example. I think I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all at the mo and i guess that until you have worked with your plans fora while you dont really know how good they are to you. am doing another job with disabled kids at the mo and so plan to spend next week doing the planning. thanks for your help

jo

Guest flutter

Hi Jo,

I just plan in same way as your mentor suggested to you. Then if you need more detail add more to each box. For each focus activity we use a more detailed sheet and write the assessment on it.

Hi Jo,

I just plan in same way as your mentor suggested to you. Then if you need more detail add more to each box. For each focus activity we use a more detailed sheet and write the assessment on it.

52924[/snapback]

Hi, is there any chance of posting an example copy of a week and a focussed activity? thanks

jo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)