Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pay And Points/scales And Tlrs!

Hello, currently working in London and am looking to move to Cheshire. Application forms obviously ask what you are being paid - Do I need to say which UPS I'm on as well as scale point and TLR point? Adverts from up north seem very confusing some quoting MPS, CPS and I've only seen one offering a poss TLR point. Why dont all schools quote the same pay scale?Its dawned on me I have been very well paid as part of recruitment and retentn (and obviously because am fab at my job ha ha!) as some Cheshire schools seem to get real value for money out of you for apparently nothing. Poss feeling a bit spoilt.

Please help!!!! (you could offer me a very well paid job if your from Cheshire!!!!!) :D

Jacqui

:oxD:( I teach in Cheshire and all scale post will disappear in 2007. Unless you are in abig primary school TL what evers don't seem to be available. I am Foundation stage co ordinator In charge of a 52 place nursery up until this year and now in charge of a foundation stage unit 27 years experience excellant ofsted but no point SORRY!!!!!

:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

Mmm good question, Jacqui. Surely if you say which UPS you're on you automatically refer them to the scale point? A lot of schools don't seem to be offering TLRs - in fact the Government's idea was that by introducing TLRs schools would save money by not automatically replacing management points (and making the job specs tougher so TLRs are harder to get than management allowances were). I have been looking at job ads too and have come to the conclusion that I am basically trapped in my present job if I want to keep the same level of pay :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)