Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Update On An Sen Child

Just to let those of you know who were so great at understanding my position when I had a little boy start, who obviously had problems. He has now been diagnose as being on the Autistic Spectrum, by the doctors. his mother is a brilliant lady and the only person I know who could get excited at her child being diagnose autistic. He is now doing wonderfully at pre-school and my Senco and myself love him dearly. He has the most giggly sense of humour, and he tells his mum that I am the silly one and the Senco is the right one. Which I think sums us up beautifully. He interacts with all the members of staff, and the children now play alongside him lovely without any problems. He still does some things on his terms but has another year with us and is coming along nicely. :)

So for anyone out there that has a child they are really despairing with, take heart this child had extreme behaviour when he started and with what his mum calls our tough love policy and her support he is doing brilliantly. In quite a short space of time, 1 year exactly he has change so much.

So take heart as a group we do what everybody on the Forum does every day of the year and with the love and dare I say discipline :o our philosophy does work ever with the more challenging child in our communities. :D

good luck to others :D

Steph

Well done, Steph. I, too, have a boy who came to us with very challenging behaviour. His pre-school report gave no indication of problems as, according to his mother, he was allowed to do whatever he liked. We think he possibly has autistic tendencies as he does not like being stopped at whatever he is doing (whether it is playing, talking or whatever) and is obsessive about tidying up or putting away anything out of place. He has an appointment with a paediatrician next week and I have sent a report of what he is like in class. Over the months his behaviour has improved as he has learnt our expectations. When he is cooperative, he is a very loving child.

Thanks for the update Steph,

Great to have a feel good success to start the Easter break with. It is these moments, when we look back and see achievements that motivate and make our profession so worthwhile. It's also great to hear such positive comments about Mum. :D:D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)