Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Term

Hi there everyone.

In norfolk we have just started or easter holiday. This is the first year in the 21years I've been working in playschool were we return the tuesday after easter Monday. Are others breaking up so early.

Rosemarie

Hi Rosemarie,

We are the same as you, return after Easter monday. The "new" early holiday is, I think, so that Easter break falls the same time every year, the first 2 wks in April, not like previous years. This change is to support schools / preschools in planning the "new" 6 Term academic year.

Peggy

I finished on Thursday, with an inset of Friday, but we did twilights for it so we didn't have to be in. It feels weird being off so early, and a pain when all my friends in surrounding LEAs aren't finishing till next week.

Hi

I finish next week but my friend in Trafford has already broken up (I think). My sister who teaches in a borough of Essex has also broken up - there are on 6 term system. Great she says for booking holidays that are not in peak weeks!

We have another week and 4 days to go. We're a Catholic school so working into Holy Week - finishing on Maundy Thursday. Did this last year and then had two weeks off, so we had hols when most were back at school. This year we're just having a week plus one day for Easter - but we'll have two weeks off at Summer half term (which should be nice :)

Harricroft

Hi

I finish next week but my friend in Trafford has already broken up (I think).  My sister who teaches in a borough of Essex has also broken up - there are on 6 term system.  Great she says for booking holidays that are not in peak weeks!

52384[/snapback]

I'm in Trafford and we've finished, although I know a few schools (mostly Catholic) aren't finishing till next week or even the week after!

Broke up yesterday and we go back Easter Monday :o

Better than last year though, we went back the week before Easter - very odd to have children at school over Easter but that's Scotland and the 4 terms - doesn't matter when Easter is we break up after the 10 week term.

Lovely to know I won't be doing any work on a Sunday (not that I do much :D )

Megsmum

I am in Kent, too, and finished yesterday, back on 19 April for a staff development day, children back on 20 April. Great, as we are off to France tomorrow for 10 days, returning on Maundy Thursday with just enough time to spend Easter with the family and prepare for the new term.

Hi

I don' t finish until Friday and have two weeks of (Warwickshire LEA).

However have TTday on Friday, trip to farm, Wednesday and whole school visit to church Thursday AM- so it feels like a very short week indeed!!!!! Look forward to the break and topic of minibeast on my return.

Lisa