Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Peer to peer observation sheet

• 1 month later...

I really like the proforma/sheet! I don’t think all of the parts need to be filled in in writing, but it would certainly be worthwhile discussing them. I do agree there should be a written outcome though, and I can’t do a peer to peer observation without taking notes to refer back to. I also would like to choose my own focus for the observer, previously this has been given to us. While I understand that that can be necessary, I think my practice would improve more if I had someone look at a potential weakness. 

My favourite aspect is the one of trust. The notes on the observations I have previously done or were done on me were then collected by our manager, photocopied and handed to the all staff members. I don’t think this is conducive to observations becoming something normal. Not everyone liked that, as any criticism may not be as constructive as it should be.  So I really like the suggested approach in the article, of just passing outcomes on to management unless there’s recognition of something positive. The learning comes from the discussion with the observer.

It is definitely good to do it regularly, and different people doing it, so you get used to it and different aspects are covered.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)