Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visual Target Setting

Hey all. School is revisiting the 'target setting' being displayed in classrooms. I have target boards that are mainly for adults/parents to look at and children are made aware of most of them in child friendly ways. Discussions with fellow Reception teacher saw us discussing her idea of having visual display of pictures in order for children to be able to point to their target (as it is easier when they can't read the target statements).

Am wondering whether any of you actually have any bright ideas as to how to make the picture ones, whether you have them already or whether you have any ideas, or whether you have a successful target setting set up in your classroom that you wouldn't mind sharing!

Thanks in advance!

I use some I found on the eduwight.iow.gov.uk. site. Somewhere at the bottom of the English or assessment page they have a series of picture targets which I enlarge and use at the beginning of CLL. Someone posted here quite recently and attached some samples which are similar to the ones I've mentioned.

Thanks that looks interesting. Is there a link to the topic? I'd like to look over reading and numeracy ones too if there are any?

Do any of you use the ISP target setting stuff from the Primary National Strategy? I.e the 'Developing success criteria for your teaching, planning and resourcing' grids. Looks interesting, yet heavy. Was wondering whether any of you did so we could compare notes !!!!

Thanks

Guest cat33
Hey all.  School is revisiting the 'target setting' being displayed in classrooms.  I have target boards that are mainly for adults/parents to look at and children are made aware of most of them in child friendly ways.  Discussions with fellow Reception teacher saw us discussing her idea of having visual display of pictures in order for children to be able to point to their target (as it is easier when they can't read the target statements).

Am wondering whether any of you actually have any bright ideas as to how to make the picture ones, whether you have them already or whether you have any ideas, or whether you have a successful target setting set up in your classroom that you wouldn't mind sharing!

Thanks in advance!

52004[/snapback]

Thank you from me too. Was just browsing and found your link to pic.targets :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)