Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Water

hello there i am new to the forum, i am a NQT trainee on my final teaching practice and my topic is water i have a few ideas for the reception class but would like some more hands on practical ideas, can any one help me.

Cheers,

Kez

Hi Kez

Welcome to the forum.

When we did water as a topic we used the book "Row, row, row your boat" as a focus. We had an island and a rowing boat as our role play area and made a small world island.

Just a couple of ideas for you.

Linda

Hi Kez and welcome to the forum. :) There have been lots of posts about the topic of water. If you click on the search forum posts button (top right) and type 'water' in the search box it will come up with a list. :) I'm sure there will be lots of additional ideas from others too though.

Hi - I've just finished a water topic. Here's a copy of my medium term plan which might give you some ideas. medium_term_plan.doc. This only shows my adult initiated/guided activities and not the independent ones but I'm happy to give you any more information that you might want :).

Good luck with your final placement. I know what a killer these are as I qualified 4 years ago. All the best and I'm sure you'll be fab!

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)