Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Mother's Day To Everyone!

Happy Mother's Day - here's hoping that no one forgot, and everyone is being spoiled, at least a bit. Just remember this from Proverbs 31:29 'Many women do noble things but you surpass them all!' Says in my notes for today "What makes a good mother anyhow? Patience? Compassion? The ability to nurse a baby, cook a meal and sew on a button all at the same time? Its all those things - plus the God-given assurance that you're doing the most important job in the world."

Have a great day!

I can go with that LJW :D:D

So far today I've taken eldest son to play rugby and had a thoroughly great time even though they lost, it's such a fab game. I came home to the dinner all prepared and the beef in the oven courtesy of youngest son and hubby. Later I will sit and watch Mrs Henderson Presents and eat a load of Thorntons classics.

Hope everyone else has a fantastic day whether you are spoilt or not :D

My eldest brought me breakfast in bed :D He said he was going to make toast as well but he burnt the only slice of bread we had left in the house :o

I took my other son shopping to spend his world book day voucher and he told me that because it's mothers day I had to buy him lots of stuff to prove what a good mother I am xD !!!

That's really sweet, Marion!! Helping with the socks!

I got a cup of tea in bed, and then hassled to get up and do the washing up because my mum and my partner's mum are coming to visit! Luckily we're all going out, so I don't have to cook. :o

My daughter is only 2 so no breakfast in bed for me!!

Hope everyone has a lovely day! :D

Well I was up all night with my daughter after spending hours at the hospital with her yesterday. She has been diagnosed with Scarlet Fever and it is quite a severe case. So I am tired. She is whingey, hot and spotty and I am really reminded what motherhood is all about lol :o

Anyway my husband is going to get a takeaway now, which will be wonderful after weeks at weightwatchers and I am going to have a week off work being a mother.

My other daughter is 16 say no more!

Sue

LOL

They do come right, honest!! My daughter came round mid-morning (25) with card and plant. We spoilt her lovely dog rotten in the garden for an hour or so. I phoned my mum promising to visit when son (23) got home - he left the house at 1 pm yesterday and wasn't seen again until 2pm today :o . Visited my mum (80) lovely chat - now cooking dinner ready for husband's return from work. But that's how we are, wouldn't have it any other way!

In between times I've been working hard on here, trying to finish something I thought I'd nearly finished ages ago!!

Sue

I had a lovely day.

Cards. pressie from lovely daughter and lovely phone call from son in London, got all work done by lunchtime. Had great lunch with champagne, had planned BBQ - too optimistic. Finished great book, lovely bath & just about to have indoor BBQ!!!

Hope you all had alovely day wherever you are.

Jo