Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Target Tracker

Hi,

We have recently begun using target tracker and although it is very useful we are finding it hard to find the time to update it regularly. I want to buy PDA's (hand held mini computers) to get us to use it more regularly but during our training they didn't seem that easy to use and we opted to wait a while until we were more familiar with TT.

I have requested several PDA's for next year but the head is questioning the need for them. I think it will be great because all the photos we normally take with the digital camera will be automatically added to childrens' files when we download the PDA. However, having not really used them much I can't hand on heart say that they will really improve things.

Has anyone else used them and if yes, are they are fabulous as they seem? And above all - do they save time? I could really use some personal recommendations to back me up in getting them ordered! Thanks :)

Yes I use a pocket PC with Target Tracker and yes they are great. I have saved a lot of time and energy using one. No longer have to print off photos and wonder where to put them and use loads of ink! It is quite immediate, although the camera is not that good and the slightest movement can make a blur, but I am getting better! Have recorded examples of music making etc on it and also regularly write on it and save comments. It really has lessened the need for endless pieces of paper. I took it to my Profile moderation meeting as evidence and it was fine.

They are expensive but I would say well worth the investment.

Judith

Also forgot to say that it is useful to have TT on all the time in the classroom to update as you go - the Pocket PC is that sort of tool - ready all the time not an end of day or week thing.

Judith

Hi again,

Thanks for the replies. We only got to use them for a few minutes during our training and found it quite hard to write on the screen but I guess it will get easier with practice. Good to hear that it is cutting down on printing too. What model do you have? We were looking at Fujitsu Seimens Loox (I think) with a flash but not sure if there are better models on the market that will take clearer photos. When you say you recorded examples of music making do you mean audio or video? Video capability would be fab!

Gaynor

• 2 years later...

Well we have had training on the KS1 version of Target Tracker today.

Had a quick look at the foundation stage version.

Is anyone out there using it?

Would you recommend it?

Is it better than the e profile?

Is it esy to use?

Thanks in advance

Lorna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)