Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Beanstalk Music

I am not very musical so I am hoping maybe you are!

I would like some music to support a movement session relating to Jack and the Beanstalk. So something for the giants footsteps, Jack running I don't have a clue what will be suitable- help please!!

I am going to use percussion instruments aswell but I would really like some other music aswell

Thanks

have you come across the Little Book of Dance by Featherstone. Its a wee bit more pricey than usual at £16.50 but includes a great CD with some suitable music and packed with ideas for dance.

I'd be interested to know if anybody else has any suitable resources for dance as would like to do more of this but lack the ideas/confidence in this area

Hi there,

My local library has a large music section and one day I found a range of tapes and cds for productions!

Things like rain, thunder, footsteps, animals etc maybe worth a look.

Good luck

• 10 months later...

Have just been going through an old issue of nursery ed (december 2003) and it has got a music activity linked to Jack and the Beanstalk with suggestions for music:

Golden Goose - Hens and Cocks from Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saens

Harp - Harp Concerto by Handel

Happy Music - Belfast Hornpipe (traditional - can be found on CD James Galway: A Portrait)

Sad music - Adagio of Sportacus and Phrygia by Aram Khachaturian

Climbing the beanstalk - Scherzo Fantastique, Opus 3 by Igor Stravinsky

Hope someone finds this useful

Stacey

Peter and the wolf has great music that could be adapted, grandad or the hunters music for the giant, peters music for jack, the cat climbing the tree for the beanstalk growing, the bird music for the hen etc. Just an idea!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)