Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sleep/nappy charts- scanning them in?

Hi everyone :)

I wonder if anyone can give me advice. Every nursery I have worked at, there are different rules regarding scanning daily record charts. Some places don't but obviously keep a file of them all (without scanning them in). 

What do you all do? 

Thank you!

Good morning FNDN,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Are you talking about the individual sleep and nappy checks for children? If so, previously (when they were on paper), we sent them home with the child at the end of the day. Now (we use Tapestry), they are part of the Care Diary and that detail is released to parents daily when the child goes home at the end of their session.

(I'm going to move your post into a more general discussion area, you might get more responses there :))

Hi Rebecca, 

Sorry for my delayed response. We use EyLog (very similar to Tapestry) and place all the children's nappies/sleeps etc on there. However, we also have a daily record sheet/sleep charts (on paper) for our use to jot things down and sign nappy changes /checks when sleeping etc. I quite like this idea as I feel it 'covers ourselves'. I was just wondering whether these had to be scanned in as well as keeping the paper copy? 

Thanks for your reply :)

22 hours ago, FNDN said:

Hi Rebecca, 

Sorry for my delayed response. We use EyLog (very similar to Tapestry) and place all the children's nappies/sleeps etc on there. However, we also have a daily record sheet/sleep charts (on paper) for our use to jot things down and sign nappy changes /checks when sleeping etc. I quite like this idea as I feel it 'covers ourselves'. I was just wondering whether these had to be scanned in as well as keeping the paper copy? 

Thanks for your reply :)

Hello again :)

If you are using an e-journal to record sleeps (as we are) I assume that you can recall past data if any questions or queries arise? If son, I wold say that no you don't need to keep a second copy - I wouldn't be filling in the copy either. We write the names children who are asleep on a whiteboard in the main play room and the name of the member of staff responsible for the checks and add to this any useful info (e.g. when a child needs to be woken, whether they had lunch or fell asleep before etc). Then, the child's name is wiped off when they wake up. Otherwise you are just duplicating info??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)