Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ms Tracey Stepien

Hi there, My Name is Tracey, I'm a childminder on the Wirral. I'm new to Tapestry and just getting my head around it but loving the ease at which I can now do the learning journal observations. or I was until android decided to send me a mobile phone update. The latest update is called PIE and android will be sending it out automatically to all uses (like it or not) unfortunately the Tapestry app is not compatible with the new update, as you will all discover when you all get your upgrade. Can anyone tell me when Tapestry will be updating there systems to accommodate to new version? I was told by android that all app providers were informed of the new update over three months ago and it is up to the app provider to update there systems. Can anyone please help. 

Kind regards, Tracey.   

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have new members contributing. I believe you have been in contact with my colleague Lauren about this, but I will post the relevant information here so our other Android users can benefit from this.

The existing Android App is several years old and despite numerous patches is now having issues with both very old phones that don't support modern encryption technologies and very new phones which have capabilities that were not envisaged several years ago. We do have a full time Android developer on our team now and are aware of upcoming updates.

We have been working on a brand new Android App for several months that will work far better across a wide range of devices, and this is currently in limited beta testing. Unfortunately a simple update to the existing app won't suffice. For more information about the new app and its features please see this forum FAQ.

The beta app is now available for limited beta testing for Android devices running Android 4.1 to 9.0. Unfortunately it is not yet available for Amazon Fire/Kindle users, but we are hoping to have this ready soon.

If anyone else is unable to use the existing Android app please contact us on customer.service@eyfs.info and we can add you to the beta testing program. Please mention that you wish to join the Android beta app in your email.

If you you decide you want to wait until the app is formally released and not test the beta version, we hope to have it released within the next few months. If you need to access Tapestry in the meantime please login via the web browser version at https://tapestryjournal.com/, either on your Android device or a PC.

iOS customers, we haven't forgotten you either! Please see this FAQ for details about the upcoming iOS app.

Best wishes,
Joe

• Like 2