Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On entry assessments

Hi all, a little help please! 

I’m needing to report on the entry assessments that were made in reception classes for the school SEF. Just wondering how people are deciding now if the children are at, above or below expected entry level when they start school as no official test (thankfully!) I know we used to use the Ofsted guideline that expected was secure at 30-50 and starting or higher at 40-60 to be at expected on entry level. I can’t find recent info and just wondered if this is still the guidelines. Always a bit woolly but we need a starting point! I know the children have made good progress but need some evidence!

Thanks all

1 minute ago, pooh said:

Hi all, a little help please! 

I’m needing to report on the entry assessments that were made in reception classes for the school SEF. Just wondering how people are deciding now if the children are at, above or below expected entry level when they start school as no official test (thankfully!) I know we used to use the Ofsted guideline that expected was secure at 30-50 and starting or higher at 40-60 to be at expected on entry level. I can’t find recent info and just wondered if this is still the guidelines. Always a bit woolly but we need a starting point! I know the children have made good progress but need some evidence!

Thanks all

I can't find any more recent guidance either - the Statutory Framework only discusses the 'Progress check at age two' and the end of Reception EYFSP. I would say therefore that it is for your LA moderation team to establish the 'expected' starting points - have you asked your moderators?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)