Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Change to 'User Permissions' (Particularly 'Not-Permitted to Change PAST 'manually defined' Tracking Data'

We manually define our data into the Summative Assessment tracking system on a termly basis. This has worked well for us, however we recently encountered and issue where a staff member had changed the date from 2018/19 to the previous 2017/18 to input the current Autumn Term data. This meant that they had accidentally managed to change quite a few of the children's assessments from the last autumn term, luckily we had this printed out so could correct the mistake. 

I wondered if you might be able to put something in place to avoid this happening in the future. 
Suggestion- maybe there could be a user permission put in so that settings can decide whether staff can 'make a change to any past tracking', and by 'past tracking' having this mean that staff can access/ change etc as they can now throughout the current term (by whatever date settings set for their terms). 
Then as soon as we are in a new term this would be when the 'previous/ past tracking' would become restricted to 'view only' and only changeable by managers or those users with permission to do so. 

I hope this makes sense and is something you might be able to do. 

Olaya kindly suggested I post this here to gauge others interest/ it's popularity in order to add it to the To Do list.

If anyone is reading, please reply if this is something you would find useful!