Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jack And The Beanstalk

Next week I am doing Jack and the beanstalk and / or jaspers beanstalk. has anyone got any ideas for planning, i was thinking of making story board if anyone has pictures for sequencing, character masks, hot seating, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

:)

Oooh - that's so exciting! That's the first time I've posted a link on my own! It's only taken me about 15 minutes but still... :o

We included a discussion about whether we could have Gill and the beanstalk and whether the giant was really bad or just misunderstood. Are all giants bad... Are you familiar with 'Jim & the Beanstalk' by Raymond Briggs (I think the isbn is: 0-14-05077-4 90000) which puts another slant on the traditional tale. Jim found the beanstalk growing outside his window one morning and followed his famous predecessor to the top, but there he found a short-sighted, toothless and practically bald giant. Jim saw to it that the giant was fitted out wiwth spectacles, a set of false teeth and a glowing curly red wig. The giant felt like new again, and quite ready to eat his favourite 'fried boy sandwich' so Jim hurried back down the beanstalk and cut it down. At the moment the beanstalk fell something else landed beside Jim - a huge piece of paper around a giant gold coin - the note read 'Deer Jim, Thank you for the teath and the glassis also the lovly wigg. Your friend the Giant'. Its a lovely tale and there's lots of learning in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)