Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Mothers Day Cards!

Hi there

Two lovely gifts I have got the children to make includes (1) Teapot card with a tea bag stuck inside with the following rhyme

Here’s a gift for Mother’s Day.

I try my best in every way,

But when you get upset with me,

Relax and have a cup of tea.

(2) Give the children a small box and let them decorate with Jewels (all can be bought from most catalogues/Large Newsagents/ELC.

G.

I have just bought some terracota plant pots from the garden centre for the children to paint - in their own design - with poster paint. I was very cheeky and asked if they did discount for schools thereby saving £1.99 (every little counts). I'm going to get some potting compost and a job lot of primulas so the children can pot up a plant in it. I wasn't planning on making a card as well, I think we can say it with flowers this year!

We are printing with fabric paints or pearlised paints onto a small fabric rectangle, then mounting the rectangle onto card.

Last year we did life drawings of daffodils. Most mums appreciated the home made nature of the resulting green and yellow splodges!

Thinking of doing butterfly hand prints with poem

This isn't just a Butterfly

As you can plainly see.

I made it with my hand

Which is a part of me.

It comes with lots of Love

Especially to say

I hope you have a very

Happy Mother's Day

Hi

We have taken individual photos of all the children, they are going to do a collage on the front of some flowers hopefully!!! and then they can stick their photo on the bottom with a little rhyme, something along these lines, we thought we would be lead by the children. We also have some nice sparkly bits. Last year we did the teapot and the teabag, great success.

As you can plainly see.

I made it with my hand

Which is a part of me.

Especially to say

I hope you have a very

Happy Mother's Day

51057[/snapback]

Thank you Marion, been struggling to come up with Mother's Day ideas, and think that you'rs is brilliant, quick and easy, and hand made (literally!)

Hope everyone else has Mothers Day success this year.

Lu

Love the butterfly idea, do you use different colours or do the chn just choose one? Also, do you stick the poem inside the card or is it supposed to be on the front?

Current plan (Im doing these Monday) is provide a variety of colours for the children to choose thinking perhaps use pearlised paint :o will give the children a choice of coloured card to make their card and put the verse inside. Hopefully simple and easy as Ive got 80 to make and we have Unit Christenings on Wednesday so they need to be completed by then.

Well the foolproof cards went reasonably well :):(xD except................. for one new three year old (started in the unit last week) with very little language and understanding now the whole unit has handprint butterflies :o

Marion,

I used your handprint butterfly card idea today. They looked lovely as I asked each child to choose colours for each of their fingers and a mixture of colours on their palms. They looked really effective when we'd added antennae.

Unfortunately I had my new parents meeting after school (for children starting after Easter) and had to do my "talk" with colourful handprints all over my smart black trousers! I had worn an apron, but of course the paint goes everywhere except the apron.

A lovely different idea for cards. Thanks. I'm sure the mums will treasure them.

Jackie

Marion, thank you for the butterfly poem. We started our cards today and so far so good......... tomorrow comes the pearly paint and handprints. Thought we'd do them on a separate piece of paper and then stick that on the front of the card so it can flap (hopefully!!!)

:D

As you can plainly see.

I made it with my hand

Which is a part of me.

Especially to say

I hope you have a very

Happy Mother's Day

51057[/snapback]

Me too!

Thought this was great and told my colleague. We are going to do the same. Hmmmm! How long will it take to do 80 + handprints!!!!!

Hi Marion

We did the butterflies today, we used gold and silver paint, then decorated them using different colour glitter, kids loved it, great fun, thank for the idea.

hi i have made various 3D flowers with my children usign tissue paper and straws. we made a leaf from card and wrote a little message on it instead of a card. i made 46 with the children and only took two afternoons, very quick.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)