Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Adding our own Development matters statements

LKeyteach

Hello

When I first started using Tapestry there was an option of adding our own statements to the Development Matters.  It is something that I have thought about doing but never got around to do so.  A member of my team observed a child drawing and wanted to add something about this development.  She could not find a statement that linked to what she had observed so I thought I would try and add our own but I cannot remember how to do it or maybe that function no longer exist?

I did try to look through tutorials (which usually are really helpful) but could not find the relevant help.

Is this something we can still do and could you point me in the direction of tutorial please?

Good morning!

You are mistaken I am afraid - there has never been a facility to add your own statements to the age / stage bands. You may be misremembering because it is possible to add your own statements to the 'All About Me' document.

If the development was something that you felt was worth particularly noting you could 'tag' it and give it an appropriate title. If you then used the same tag again for that child or for other children when they exhibited the same behaviours/developmental markers you could then search for the tags when writing longer reports and assessments.

I hope that helps :)